Already three months in Slovenia




Today I am going to reflect on my feelings and my experiences in these last three months in Slovenia.
First of all, I want to say that I am very happy to be here. When I was looking for a volunteer project abroad I was looking for different countries: Italy, Germany, France, etc. and of course in Slovenia, but honestly, this was not my first choice ... And now I thank the universe for taking me to this special place.



















I have to say that I have fallen inlove with Slovenia, every corner of nature seems beautiful and spectacular. Zagorje is a small and quiet city, and the truth is that I like it a lot, I am a person who prefers to live in a small town rather than in a city. So I think all this is perfect for me :) :)

Secondly, I want to say what I feel to be away from my country, my family and my friends. Maybe this is the hardest part for me, I miss my family a lot because I used to spend a lot of time with them at home and even on weekends. I miss Sunday morning with my brother, I miss helping my mother cook, I miss listening to my father playing the guitar, I miss going to the movies with my boyfriend and I also miss those afternoons of board games with my lifelong friends.

But today we have many ways to talk with our family and friends even though we are far away, I speak with my parents about WhatsApp and Skype, calling by phone from different countries is now cheap and it is not a big problem either. So I feel lucky to be "near them" even in the distance.


On the other hand, I am also very happy to have meet a lot of people here, maybe the person I feel better with is my friend and artist Marta, as you know she is a volunteer at McZoS. It has been a coincidence to meet us so far from our country, but for me it has been great luck to have met her. She has taught me so much: many customs here, she has showedme many beautiful places in Zagorje, she has taught me a lot of English also hehehe. So, from here Marta, thanks for everything :)





I have also met many teachers in this school, and I have to say that although I do not understand much when they speak in Slovenian, I have a lot of fun trying to understand some words. Every person at school has been good and kind to me, and I have felt very good every day. Although especially I must thank teacher Melanija and teacher Metka, because they are the ones who have helped me the most with my thousands of questions and doubts.



On the other hand, I've also had difficult times since I'm here, but every difficulty has made me stronger, more courageous, more sure of myself ... And this is something that I know will accompany me the rest of my life. I am happy now to have overcome these obstacles because now I feel stronger than ever!

So for now that's all I can tell you. I hope that if you ever encourage yourself to have an experience abroad, you will feel the wonderful things that Slovenia is giving me.

A hug, and see you in the next entry! :)



Comentarios

Entradas populares